A final resting place for some that
have untreatable medical conditions.
These drafts all rescued from Amish
dumping them at the Kill Pen in Minnesota.
Melvin, rescued from a Kill Pen located in Minnesota.
We all know the last two years has been stressful for not only Adults but Children to. So we are opening our doors this year to allow everyone to enjoy a mental break and get away from it all.
You’ll be able to enjoy the different parts of the property like:
* Walking some of our paths on the property
* Have a picnic at our beach, by the creek
* Petting and/or giving treats to friendly horses
Again this retreat is unique in that you get to hear all the sounds of nature and be with the animals.
Many volunteer opportunities exist, but what is right for you?
* Learn to feed and bring in the horses in at night
* Take a walk down to our creek with a rescue dog
* Help keep the place safe and clean
* Play fetch with one of dogs in the dog parks
* Run an auction or raffle online
The most important part of volunteering is your commitment in being there and being part of our team.
Happy Tails Animal Sanctuary is a organization unique not like any other.
We sit in the beautiful valley of Woodstock where there are hills on each side of property. It keeps the sound to a minimum but also the privacy helps keep the animals at the sanctuary more calm.
Our property if fenced and gated to keep the animals safe from harm. This allows us to have days where the animals (dogs) are allowed to run the entire property or certain sections. Safety is extremely important to our animals and to ensure no harm comes to them. These types of activities allow the animals to have tremendous exercise and to have a good night sleep.